Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Butterflies and Peanut Butter

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

This afternoon my son goes for his second day of Kindergarten, and I'm still nervous for him. I have no idea why. He LOVES school, and would probably enjoy full days if they were available.

So why can't I stop feeling the anxieties I suffered as a child? I felt nauseous every morning in grade school.

Fortunately, I've not passed on any stress to him. His only worries have been that Mommy won't let him take a sword to school, and we can't drive to Tim Horton's for doughnuts because Daddy has the car.

My only real concern is what to pack the boy for a snack, because he's one of those kids who will eat virtually nothing but peanut butter. Because there are children out there in the world with deadly allergies, peanuts have become anathema in our times. Peanuts are banned from his school. I don't know if there are actually any children in the school who are allergic. There are permanent anti- peanut signs throughout the school, so it doesn't seem to matter either way.

Now, I wouldn't make light of a situation where a child has a deadly peanut allergy, but why are peanuts being automatically banned whether it's necessary or not? Oh yeah, lawsuits.

Pity the poor peanut farmer.

In an entirely unrelated note, have you ever heard of the band Dead Chretiens? Here is the Dead Chretiens Official Website.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone