Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

I'm Gonna Miss My Girls!

Thursday, March 25, 2004

FINALLY, Carrie gets to wear a gorgeous outfit!The Sex is Over: How, oh how am I ever going to go without my weekly Friday night fix of Sex and The City? The last episode of the show airs in Canada on Bravo tomorrow night.

Although I liked all four of the main characters, Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha, it was Carrie I most identified with. She was a writer, she smoked and she seemed to get into relationships that were all wrong for her, specifically her relationship with Big. When she finally let him go in Season 3, I was bawling my eyes out as my very own Big and I had just parted ways a few months earlier. They say time wounds all heels but maybe not in Carrie's case, since Big seems to big back in the picture.

Carrie went through almost as many men as I have - my favourite of her boyfriends was Aidan. He was gorgeous, he was successful and he truly cared about her. He tried to get her to marry him but to no a-veil.

I've read several detracting articles recently about the show and yes, it did sort of go downhill in the last eight episodes (and Carrie used more ridiculous puns than ever before) but I guess they had to bring the character's lives to a close somehow. My biggest problem with it is how I think it's going to end. It looks like all four women end up with a husband or steady boyfriend and yet this show used to be so empowering to single women.

Charlotte ends up married to Harry, her divorce attorney and Miranda is married to Steve, the father of her child. Even Samantha has a steady boyfriend. Carrie's fate is undetermined - she's went to Paris with some Russian guy, because all her friends had hooked up. And we all know, girls who don't get asked out as often as their friends feel out-dated.

As of last week's episode, Big is on his way to rescue Carrie from the Russian. Sure, it's kind of romantic but would she really even give him the time of day in real life? Just the thought of my ex-Big showing up in my life again to rescue me makes me totally ill.

But this is only a TV show after all and TV shows are sort of like fairy tales, generally the characters live happily ever after. Will the four ladies on Sex and The City live happily ever after? I'll soon see...

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone