Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

You're Terminated - Fucker!

Monday, July 21, 2003

He did say he'd be back...



Being a Terminator junkie (I've seen the original at least 50 times), it's difficult to express how disillusioned and disappointed I felt 12 years ago as I left a movie theatre after watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day. All I kept thinking was: "OK, so if it doesn't happen, if Sara Connor and her son John stopped the end of the world and Judgement Day from happening, how can John Connor still exist? How could Kyle Reese have gone back in time and fathered him? Granted, it is a good movie, the outcome just frustrated the hell out of me.

I've heard mixed reviews of the latest chapter in the Terminator saga, Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines - people seem to love it or hate it. After seeing it on the weekend, I admit I'm in the "love" camp. It was filled with tons of excellent special effects, a good amount of suspense and decent acting but above all Terminator 3 does exactly what it should do - it pulls all three Terminator stories together.

Ten years have gone by since John Connor (played in this film by Nick Stahl) helped prevent Judgment Day and save mankind from a nuclear holocaust. Now 22 years old, Connor has kept himself "off the grid" - he has no home, no credit cards, no cell phone and is unemployed. He has made sure there is absolutely no record of his current existence. He can't chance being traced by Skynet - the highly developed network of machines that tried to kill him twice - before he was born and when he was a 12 year old boy.

"All my life my mother told me the storm was coming, Judgment Day, the beginning of the war between man and machines. Three billion lives were vanished in an instant and I would lead what was left of the human race to ultimate victory. It hasn’t happened, no bombs fell, computers didn’t take control, we stopped Judgment Day...I’ve erased all connections to the past but as hard as I try I can’t erase my dreams, my nightmares.

I feel the weight of the future baring down on me, a future I don’t want. So I keep running as fast as I can. Anywhere, nowhere..."

Then, out of the future steps the T-X (Kristanna Loken), Skynet's most sophisticated cyborg killing machine ever, sent back through time to complete the job left unfinished by her predecessor, the T-1000. Connor's only friends are the Terminator (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER), his mysterious former assassin and Kate Brewster (Claire Danes), someone he knew as a child who he seems fated to face the future with. Together, they have to escape the clutches of the technologically superior T-X and stop the looming threat of Judgment Day...or face the apocalypse and the fall of civilization as we know it.

It's unfortunate they had to kill off Linda Hamilton's Sara Connor character (according to the story, she had died three years after the second movie) but the screenplay (written by John Brancato, Michael Ferris and Tedi Sarafian) is still fairly strong without her. And unlike the ending of Terminator 2, the conclusion of T3 is extremely satisfying and leaves the viewer with a lot to think about. It also opens the door to a Terminator 4 movie - looks like Arnold will "be back".

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone