Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams


Tuesday, June 03, 2003




Over The Hills And Far Away
Robert Plant & Jimmy Page

Hey lady- you got the love I need
oh Maybe - more than enough
oh Darlin' Darlin' Darlin', walk a while with me
- oh you've got so much-

Many times I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

Many times I've lied
Many times I've listened
Many times I've wondered
How much there is to know.

Many dreams come true
And some have silver linings
I live for my dream
And a pocketful of gold.

Mellow is the man
Who knows what he's been missing
Many many men
Can't see the open road.

Many is a word
That only leaves you guessing
Guessing 'bout a thing
You really ought to know
You really ought to know


If you haven't bought the new live 3 CD Led Zeppelin album, How The West Was Won, what are you waiting for? I usually don't buy live albums because the sound quality isn't as polished as the studio versions but this is the most awesome live album I have ever owned.

When I was a 16-year-old kid, I used to go down to a movie theatre on Bloor Street every Saturday night with my friends to sit and smoke pot and watch The Song Remains The Same (sorta like the freaks who went to see Rocky Horror every weekend, except we were cool). Being a stonerish Zeppelin-head type teenager, I had been dying to see this movie. Unfortunately, the first time attending the film, I was with Maggie, my slutty best friend in high school (the one who is now my aunt and a preachy born-again christian) and her boyfriend at the time. She wasn't all that pleasant to hang out with at the best of times and on this occasion being with her was particularly unpleasant. We sat down with huge vats of popcorn, smoked a big, fat doob, the lights dimmed, images flickered onscreen and the music started.

The opening moments of The Song Remains The Same show the band in Britain, flying to the States, and getting into cars that take them to a jam-packed Madison Square Garden in New York City. The pace accelerates as they show the band hurtling down the highways; and then Zeppelin is on stage, tearing into the music, from Rock And Roll to Whole Lotta Love. I remember I had chills and tears in my eyes - I was so thrilled to be there. That's when I glanced over at Maggie and noticed that she had bent forward and her head was down. I heard a gagging sound just before she spewed all over the floor in front of her seat. Well, that was that. I cleaned her face off with a kleenex, Maggie's boyfriend hauled her over his shoulder and out of the theatre we went. I'd gotten a five-minute glance of my heroes, which turned into a vomit fest.

Of course, the next week I went with other friends to see it and I couldn't tell you how many times I did end up seeing it. Whe and I rented it ten or 15 years ago and I just could not get into it. Maybe it was too soon to see it again. I'm thinking now that not enough years had passed for me to really appreciate how great a concert film it really is.

I saw The Song Remains The Same on MuchMore Music two weekends ago and the old feeling was back - I loved it and it convinced me the new 3 CD set would be worth the money. I've listened to it every single day since I bought it, so I'd say it was. Zeppelin Rocks!

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone