Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams


Monday, September 02, 2002

Bathroom Break, Boss?Being A Receptionist Is A Pain In The Ass: If I didn't need the weekly salary so badly I would have quit my current job by now.

The girl who trained me, and who I am temporarily replacing while she helps out another department, is a snipey little bitch. She constantly betlittles me and basically gets pissed off anytime I do a good job at something she used to do. I really should tell her at some point that I will be quite happy to hand over her shitty job back once my temp contract there is over.

There is always, always, ALWAYS some jackass up at your desk asking for something: "Can I have a notebook? Can I have a pen?" I'm dying to say: "Do I really have to open the locked supply cabinet just to get you a fucking pen?"

And the phone won't ring for 20 minutes and then everyone decides to call at the same goddamn time, like 15 calls within two minutes. Here's how most calls usually go: "Can you page so-and-so?" When it turns out they don't answer the page. "I'm sorry, he didn't answer his page, I think he stepped out of the office." The answer: "Can you page him again?" My wishful response: "No, you fucking twat, your husband is not answering the page. Can you not wait until he gets home or do you have nothing better to do all day long?"

My work day starts at 7 a.m. People who work there keep telling me I'll get used to the early hours. Getting up at 5:30 a.m. has never exactly been my thing. It's been three weeks and I'm not used to it yet. I don't want to get used to it. EVER.

The very worst part of the job though is having to always ask someone to cover reception so I can take a piss. It reminds me of in the movie Shawshank Redemption where Red works in a grocery store and is constantly asking: "Bathroom break boss?" The manager gives him a funny look and says: "You don't have to ask my permission to take a piss?" I should be so lucky!

Of course, then there's the security guard who was in before my shift last week who didn't bother to get permission and just pissed in the garbage can. Discovering the foamy yellow liquid in there that morning just added to my delight with the job. Because being a receptionist is not only a pain in the ass, it's a pain in the bladder.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone