Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

It's Nice To Be Worshipped

Monday, December 17, 2001

I babysat my four-month-old niece Maddy for the first time on the weekend. I wasn't sure how it would go, as my sister said she'd been "making strange" with a lot of people lately. Most of the way over to their place, I was feeling a little apprehensive, although I have looked after Whe's son many times, but he's a toddler now.

The moment I arrived, Maddy started giggling. My sister was trying to breastfeed her but she wouldn't eat because she couldn't stop looking at me and laughing and smiling. This was a good sign. Still, I felt nervous about looking after a four-month old. Just before they left, my sister and her husband told me that if she got fussy, to put her in her crib and to just let her cry, even if it was for 10 or 15 minutes. "Of course," I lied, knowing I could never handle doing that.

Maddy and I got along famously for the first hour and a half after her parents left. Then she got a little fussy so I put her in her crib. She cried and I picked her up and rocked her til she was smiling again. Then I put her back in her crib and she cried again so I picked her up. This went on for a half an hour until finally she went to sleep, for about two hours.

She woke up crying and I rushed upstairs to take her out of the crib. As soon as she saw me, her eyes lit up and she started cooing at me. I picked her up and started preparing a bottle of breastmilk my sis had pumped earlier in the day. While I was feeding her, she looked up at me with her shiny blue eyes the entire time. When my sis and her husband stepped in the door about 5 minutes later, Maddy was in my arms and drinking from the bottle. My sister said: "What a great feeling it is to come home and see this."

The rest of the evening, and this morning, my sister noticed that Maddy could not stop looking at me and smiling. "She loves her auntie," my sister kept saying. It melted my heart.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone