Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Take You Down

Monday, September 24, 2001

imagining lennon



She's So Good-Looking But She Looks Like a Man: When we were in college, Rebecca and I would go up north to escape our parents and sit around wasted at night listening to compilation tapes. We made awesome tapes. I can still remember the song order on them. My tapes always included the song Polythene Pam, tucked in between, say, The Replacements and Husker Du.

As soon as Polythene Pam came on, we'd jump up and run to the middle of the room and dance along with it the way Pee Wee Herman danced to the song Tequila in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. We looked ridiculous, but it was so exhilarating.

I still listen to that song when I'm down, playing it over and over. Sometimes I skip right to it, other times I allow Mean Mr. Mustard into the mix. But I haven't danced like Pee Wee in a couple of years.

I've got to get back into that.

And now, a few words from CrotchCannibal:

I recall hearing a Beatles parody somewhere (can't remember where) about them recording tracks over John's old demos (a la 'Free As A Bird'). Except, instead of songs, they were using his answering machine message.

It was all, "Hi, this is John. Please leave a message...blah blah blah". But it had the others singing harmonies and playing instruments over it. Fuckin' hilarious.

Anyone wanna take a stab at who'll be the next dead Beatle? While popular opinion would be Ringo, as he's the oldest, or maybe Paul, as he's the most publicly visible, I'm going with George, 'cause there's only so many times you can rely on your wife to fend off those knife-wielding stalkers. Hare Krishna my ass.


(take yer fuckin' vitamins, it's a j-o-k-e.)

++++++++++++++++++++

If you should call for me
Between this multitude of psalms
Do not await my reply
For the sound is stuck fast
In the branches of a dream
And I'm only sleeping
Sleeping awhile beside life

(CC)

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone