Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

911

Friday, September 14, 2001

I found a strange email in my inbox last Tuesday morning. It was from Nicholas Longo, the CEO of CoffeeCup Software, in regards to the attack on the World Trade Center. It included the line: "We would like to also say on record that if any country is found responsible for these attacks, we call for that country's complete destruction and annihilation."

I can understand his anger, but it freaked me out. It was unnerving to see such a personal and emotional reaction sent out under the 'letterhead' of a commercial business. Two days later, Longo sent out another email, offering free software for one day to those who put up a banner for the Red Cross (we didn't get the software, but put up the banner anyway).

Donate


Now this disturbed me, because the original url the banner is linked takes you to a page at Amazon, rather than directly to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Amazon isn't matching donations, so why not cut out the middle man instead of taking the opportunity to advertise their crummy business? Oh that's right, they're money-grubbing bastards.

Longo's email ended with an explanation of his previous comments:

In my last e-mail I was angry. Now I am angry and saddened.
My thoughts were emotional, not political or commercial.
I will stand by my conviction that those responsible should
not walk with us on this planet. I will though take back the
word 'annihilate', this was anger speaking from someone that
has now cried for the victims of this attack.
This may surprise some people...... I am only human.


Anyway kids, check out Rantbox for a perpective on the attack and its aftermath from New York residents. Donate blood to the Red Cross (that's 1-888-2-DONATE in Canada, 1-800-HELP-NOW in the United States) or money, clothing, food etc. to the United Way.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone