Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Moving Day

Friday, August 24, 2001

The worst thing about moving has got to be packing loads and loads of all the crap you've accumulated over the years into a bunch of boxes. It always amazes me just how much junk I save and continue to save, usually for sentimental reasons. Something I'm enjoying about this particular move is filing away gifts and cards, etc., from my ex - under garbage!

I have moved at least 12 times in the past 10 years. Usually, I can call in favours and get my brother and brother-in-law to pitch in and it basically costs me a 2-4 of Molson Canadian and a couple of pizzas. This time, sadly enough, I have no one to help except my future room-mate, who, like me, is a female and unable to lift heavy furniture. So, poor as I am, I had to hire a moving company. I guess in many ways it's a good thing, since my back is already killing me.

There are some mixed feelings floating around in my head at the moment. I feel a little sad because I have enjoyed living alone in a condominium for three years, there's a certain anonimity to it, but the rent is just way too expensive. I also feel pretty happy though. The house my friend and I are renting is huge, with four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a dishwasher, a washer/dryer AND a fireplace! I have always been obsessed with fireplaces and this is the first time I will ever live somewhere that actually has one. There will be many an evening spent building and sitting by the fireplace this winter!

The big move takes place tomorrow afternoon and I'll be sure to post pics of my new abode on the site, once I'm unpacked and settled in.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone