Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Moving Day From Hell

Sunday, August 26, 2001

You should have been reading this last night, but the fact that you couldn’t was only a minor glitch in what turned out to be one of the worst moving experiences I think I’ve ever had.

My new roomie and I packed up everything on Friday night and Saturday morning and the moving men were scheduled to show up at 2 p.m. I had originally scheduled the service elevator for 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. but couldn’t book a mover until 2 p.m. So I called my building super at least three times this week to ask her to change my elevator booking. Well, the fat bitch didn’t do it. So when the movers arrived around 1:30, the security guard looked at the schedule and told them I’d already moved out. So they left.

Meanwhile, up in the apartment, I’m wondering where the fuck these guys are. 2:30 rolls around and I’m starting to panic a bit. At 2:45 I go down to security and the guy tells me he told them I’d already left. Of course I start freaking but calm down enough to sweet talk him into using his phone (I’d had mine disconnected) and I phone the moving company and get their bloody answering machine and explain what happened and ask them to PLEASE send someone over as soon as they can.

An hour later, no one has shown up. I’m bawling my eyes out because the cut-off time for the service elevator is 4:30 p.m., my new roomie is hugging me and she’s practically in tears too. I’m trying to figure out how the hell I’m going to get a day off work next week to move. But all I really wanted to do was start throwing things because I was also very, very angry.

Then there’s a knock on the door. I answer it and it’s the moving men. I was so happy to see them I wanted to hug them. They apologized and I said: “No, need, I know it wasn’t your fault.”

They pack everything up and we get to the new house, and as soon as the truck backs into the driveway, our new neighbours on both sides come out to watch. They sat on their front steps the entire time we moved in. Even the moving men said: “What’s up with your neighbours?” I’ll tell you what’s up, I thought – they’re fucking freaks.

When we get inside I try out the phone line. It’s not working, even though I had arranged to have it connected on Saturday. What a surprise. I was able to at least dial the phone company and they said it should be connected within three hours and if not, they have booked a service man is come to fix it the next day.

So later, I drop my new roomie off at her current residence (she’s moving next weekend) and come home to find a car in my driveway. I have no idea whose car it is. There are cars parked all over the street so I have to park nearly a block away. When I try the phone it still isn’t working (which meant, no online time also) so I can’t even call a tow truck or my new landlord.

The cable is not working so I have to wait until September 6th to see any new TV shows. That was the soonest a so-called “technician” can come over to hook it up. What the hell am I going to do without my daily fix of The Bold & The Beautiful?! Not to mention, Big Brother?

Probably one of my worse moments just before getting ready for bed was, having found the coffee maker and not being able to find the coffee. Then I found the instant coffee but not the kettle. Nah, that doesn’t even compare with misplacing my cigarettes for about an hour…

It’s now 1 a.m. Sunday morning. My cat Mokie has finally come out from her hiding place, behind the toilet. She’s crying a bit but is walking around me in circles. I’m so happy to see her. I’m also very happy that moving day is over…

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone