Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Damn You - Damn You All To Hell!

Friday, July 27, 2001

Planet of The Apes opens in theatres today. It's a movie I have been dying to see since I heard, about a year ago, that Tim Burton was doing a re-make. In this version, Mark Wahlberg stars as Leo Davidson, an astronaut stranded in a strange world where apes are gods and humans are slaves. Tim Roth, one of my favourite actors, stars as Thade, Davidson's nemesis and the ape commander.

Does anyone remember the first time they saw the original movie? I was with a boyfriend who absolutely insisted I watch the movie with him. I didn't want to because all I could think of was the horrible Planet of the Apes tv series that used to run on Sunday afternoons when I was a kid. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie from it's interesting beginning to surprise ending. And who can forget Charleton Heston's over-the-top, hilarious performance? Heston has a cameo in the new film, as does Linda Harrison, who played his love interest in the original.

According to a couple of reviews I have read so far, the re-make lives up to all the hype. I may wait a week or two to go see it (I hate crowded movie theatres) but it's gonna be tough. Until then, all I can ask is that you Keep your filthy hands off me - you damn dirty apes!

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone