Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Sexism Is Alive and Well

Thursday, June 28, 2001


When I started working at my current job, I thought it would be so awesome to work with 30 men and only three other women. Generally, I’ve always felt that men are so much easier to get along with.

What I didn’t anticipate was the level of sexism I would run into. I’ve had one of my fellow male employees tell me that I shouldn’t wear pantyhose with my skirts because he could get a better view of legs if I wasn’t wearing any. I’ve seen another male employee actually stroke one of the female employee’s legs to see if she’d shaved them.

As the only woman in most of the meetings I attend, I’ve had to listen to my boss spew off on jokes about dumb blondes and beer.

I’ve had to come into work early to serve coffee for clients. My male counterpart in the office has never been asked to do any of these menial tasks, including answering the phones.

Although I have a much more senior position than many of the men in the company, I have just been informed that I have been designated back-up receptionist. Why? They won’t admit it, but I know why - because I’m a woman.

I feel so powerless and the only thing that gets me through these moments are my fantasies. One involves ripping out my their tongues. The other involves sticking a pen into their windpipes and watching them gasp for air as I chuckle and walk out of the office. That one always makes me feel so much better...

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone