Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Why Are Women Insane?

Tuesday, May 08, 2001

One of our regular message board posters, burngod, posed this question to us last night, which prompted me to write the following:

One of my best friends (let’s call her Tracey) lived through a complete nightmare for six years. A typical day in her life went something like this: get up for work, get her boyfriend and their daughter's lunches ready, go to work, get home, start dinner, listen to her boyfriend yell at her, maybe because she didn’t make want he wanted to eat, and then brace herself for the punches that inevitably landed on her chest, abdomen and stomach.

She eventually kicked him out but that didn’t stop him from haunting her. Less than two years ago, Tracey was having a party in her backyard when her ex showed up, uninvited, grabbed her by the throat and told her he was going to “fucking kill” her. Their 8-year-old daughter witnessed the entire incident. She called the police, had him charged with threatening her life, he was convicted, given no jail term (big surprise) but was issued a restraining order and is not allowed to come within a certain distance of her.

Tracey was finally getting her life back on track for herself and her daughter. Now what on earth would ever possess her to willingly get back together with this guy? I was in total shock when she called me a couple of months ago and told me she was seeing him again. What was I supposed to do? Support her decision and be happy for her? What I feel for her situation now is nothing but terror. I know many women who have been physically abused by boyfriends in the past (myself included) and when you finally remove yourself from that situation, there is such a sense of peace and contentment you can’t believe that abused woman was actually you. So I have been wracking my brain, trying to somehow justify why she would do this. And I can't come up with an answer.

I have not seen Tracey for months, not since she got back together with her abusive ex. I have called her a number of times but she doesn’t call me back. I sent her an email yesterday, saying that basically if she doesn’t respond then I’ll know she doesn’t want me in her life. I haven’t heard back from her yet and I doubt that I will. And now, every time the TV news comes on and I hear of yet another woman being murdered by her partner, I brace myself, because I am terrified of learning that the victim is Tracey.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone