Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

My doctor prescribes me medical marijuana to get high

Saturday, April 21, 2001

It's 4:20. What does it matter? I think it's an excellent time for people to break free from their fears and discuss a subject which is taboo in many circles. Even if you don't smoke marijuana, why not take some time today to think about those who benefit from the drug.

What really sickens me is the government denies medical marijuana to people suffering from cancer, glaucoma, arthritis, AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis and other diseases and conditions. This is changing in Canada, however, but to what extent is yet to be seen.

I've just been thinking of my mom, who died of cancer when I was 26. She went through hell with chemotherapy, and now I only wish I'd been a big pothead so I could have helped alleviate her suffering. She was very straight-laced, but might have tried it considering the amount of pain she was in.

Some info on 4:20 (keep in mind this is from USA Today, so take it for what it's worth):

If you don't know that it is an international code word for smoking marijuana -- especially at 4:20 and on 4/20 -- you are not as with it as you think you are.

The term floats just below the radar of many baby boomer parents who are totally clueless about the vast underground that celebrates the term.....

The origin of the term is a bit hazy. Some say it has been a police radio code for "pot smoking in progress." But Steven Hager, editor of High Times, has traced it back to 1971, to some pot-smoking wiseacres at a California high school who met frequently at 4:20 to light up. The term caught on and was popularized in the counterculture by the Grateful Dead, Hager says.

It is now "known universally around the world by people in the (drug) culture," Hager says. "And for 20 years, there have been important rituals and ceremonies that happen on April 20," including those on college campuses.


Let me run with you tonight
I'll take you on a moonlight ride
There's someone I used to see
But she don't give a damn for me

But let me get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You don't know how it feels
You don't know how it feels to be me

People come, people go
Some grow young, some grow cold
I woke up in between
A memory and a dream

So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
Let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I gotta go
And you don't know how it feels
You don't know how it feels to be me

My old man was born to rock
He's still tryin' to beat the clock
Think of me what you will
I've got a little space to fill
So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
Let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I gotta go
And you don't know how it feels
You don't know how it feels to be me

Tom Petty

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone