Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

Do I Need A Man Today?

Tuesday, February 13, 2001

When Pandora and I were younger we used to hate Valentine’s Day and she jokingly re-named it: Depressed About Being Single Day.

Well, Pandora is now happily married with a baby and this is the first time in five years that I haven’t had a man to go out with on February 14th. And frankly, I don’t give a damn! I feel more powerful than I ever have, mainly because I’m single again.

Last year on Valentine's Day, my boyfriend (now my ex) bought me a gorgeous emerald ring. Just before I opened the little box it came in, he said: "Don't worry, it's not an engagement ring." Was that supposed to sound romantic?! A few weeks ago he called me, wanting me back. I said no for obvious reasons.

When I was in Atlanta recently (I returned home today) I had the choice of either sitting on a married guy’s lap in the front seat of a car or lying across the laps of three married men in the back seat. (Think about that the next time your husband is away on business.) I chose the front seat, although why I didn't just insist on taking a cab I'll never know. They thought it was hilarious, however, and actually debated whose lap I'd be sitting on. I'm glad I'm not married to one of them, or any man at the moment.

And to top it all off, at the airport on the way home, my 30-something boss bought his wife a huge white bear holding a red heart that said “I love you.” It was about the tackiest Valentine's gift I've ever seen. I felt like asking him if he had heard of roses, perfume or diamonds. Geez, you talk about a pathetic effort. I only wish I could be there to see her face when he gives it to her.

Considering all of the above, I think I'm re-naming this year's Valentine's Day Thrilled About Being Single Day.

(Take part in our completely useless Valentine's Day Poll.)

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone