Up yours
home | email whe | email bex | g*book | forum  | bexcam | whecam | cams

A Lukewarm Reception

Saturday, January 13, 2001

Ok - how miserable is this? My ex and I have been apart for almost three months now. He basically broke it off because I want kids and he doesn't. Well, he keeps phoning me and asking me out for drinks. I just tell him I'm busy.

Last night was the saddest though. He was in Mexico (a trip I was originally supposed to go on) for a week. I wasn't sure if he'd actually gone by himself or not but I found out that YES, he definitely had gone alone. He called me and not only did he tell me that he had tried to get in touch with me before he left to invite me to go on the trip with him - he then asked if I wanted to go for a drink with him.

It's funny how many thoughts can go through your head in three or four seconds. For a moment I felt sorry for him because he'd been in Mexico by himself for a week and then he phones his ex-girlfriend from the airport limo on his way home and asks her out - how fucking pathetic is that?

Then I remembered that when I first dated him he was married and I used to go through agonizing, gut-wrenching hell when he would be on tropical vacations with his wife while I sat alone in my apartment, wondering if he would throw me a bone - like a phone call while he was away.

After I started thinking about that I said: "No, sorry, I'm watching Sliders and it's a really good episode."

He responded curtly with: "OK, fine, I'll call you later this week (oh joy!)."

I hung up the phone, lit up a smoke, poured myself a glass of wine, threw my head back and laughed and laughed.

Revenge may be a dish best served cold but it's pretty good even when it's still lukewarm.

What's It All About?
Features
Past Blahs
Cam-O-Rama
Friends
  • more


  • Curiosities
    Extras
    This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


    Sharing airspace with








    eXTReMe Tracker


    Banner photo is of Niagara

    Contents © We Hate Everyone